Friday, February 25, 2011

Weekend Ennui

It's been one of those weeks that feels like it had an extra couple of Wednesdays in it or something, right? Normally I'd be delighted that it's Friday but I woke up with a sore throat again and I fear it's going to be one of those weekends where the weather is gorgeous and I spend it feeling like crrrrap. Also, Kenny has to work another 12-hour shift tomorrow (and is working one right now) so that kind of sucks too.

Hopefully it's just allergies and my throat will stop feeling like battery acid is being poured down the back. Even a cute outfit can't save it and I'm wearing my goddamn happy dress. WHY.

So, but here's something worthwhile - you know those Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books everyone loves? Believe the hype. I'm halfway through book two and I never want it to end. Also, there's a really sweet shopping passage (I love reading shopping descriptions almost as much as I love reading food descriptions) where the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo outfits her apartment from IKEA. The author actually lists what she bought! I was so geeked out but I wanted to see. And then! I though, INTERNET. Surely someone has already done this work for me? And behold, they have: Lisbeth Salander's IKEA shopping list.

And that is why I love the Internet.

7 comments:

  1. Oh god, hope you feel better soon! Let me know if you need anything!

    I haven't read the books but other than the brutal rape scene, I really liked the movie, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're finally reading the books! We loved them. The movies are worth seeing too when you're done, though I agree with Lara that you might need to close your eyes for that one scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that scene thinking "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? I HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE STUPID SHOPPING LIST?!?!?!"

    Well, there ya go, then. Different strokes and all that. But I love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....and so now we know I can post from home, but not from work. Not that I would read blogs at work, or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, those books are so good. I can't tell you how sad I was when I finished the third one. I don't suppose we can reanimate his corpse and make him finish the series, huh?

    That's hilarious that you found her shopping list. That never would have occured to me. Mainly because I wouldn't have been able to put down the book long enough to search.

    I am on the other side of the horrible sore throat and spent a happy night not really sleeping because of my cold. Hope yours is of short duration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Mary... totally blew past that part and thought to myself, who frakkin cares what the hell she bought at Ikea... tell me she went to Ikea and furnished her apartment and I'm satisfied... lol.

    ReplyDelete