This was my Sunday afternoon:
- tried to buy a tank of gas using my grocery store discount card -> the program software was down.
- cringed my way into Walmart to buy an item that is no longer carried at Target or CVS - > Walmart doesn't have it either.
- after returning something at Target I tried to buy a cup of decaf for Kenny from the in-store Starbucks -> they didn't have any brewed.
- went to the free-standing Starbucks across the parking lot to buy the decaf - > they didn't have any brewed (WTF) and seemed put out by my request.
- stopped by Food Dog to pick up wine and a small package of cookies -> they no longer carry the small packages of cookies.
- stopped by CVS for the goddamn cookies -> they no longer carry the small packages of cookies.
- went home to cry -> success!
Highlights of Overheard Conversations
At the gym:
weight lifting dude #1 to weight lifting dude #2 - "Yeah, she introduced me to the Facebook? You know, on the computer?"
In a store dressing room:
girl in the next room answers her cellphone-
"ARE YOU SERIOUS? I DON'T BEELEEEEEEEEEEEEVE IT."
"REALLY? THEY DON'T HAVE WATERMELON JELL-O? ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHAT ABOUT MELON FUSION?"
"NO??? I'M SO UPSET!! IT'S MY FAVORITE!"
She then called another friend to update them on the tragic Jell-O situation. I guess those shooters are going to have to be Lime Blast instead, kids.