Friday, September 4, 2009

Just throw it on the pile with the rest.

You might remember that back in March I took my car in for an inspection and oil change and it ended up costing me $1,300. Woo! That was awesome because that $1,300 was just burning a hole in my pocket don't you know. Or it would have been if I'd had $1,300.

Anyway, I realized this week that I'd not had an oil change since then, so I took it in. Guess how much this oil change cost? Oh, guess! I'll wait.

.
.
.
.

Fucking $1,100. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING. And you know what? Last time this happened I cried at my desk. This time I just rolled my eyes to the heavens because OF COURSE I needed new rear struts and and my throttle body air intake needed cleaning. It was like the 19th Duggar baby, just one more for the giant pile of modestly dressed, claw-banged bullshit. What can you do?

So, yeah, that's been my week and I've been coping by eating my way right through it. Today I brought leftovers for lunch and when lunchtime rolled around I dutifully walked down to the (completely disgusting) work fridge to retrieve it. I took one look at my congealed sesame noodles and sad limp broccoli and fled. I ran and ran and ran until I got to Five Guys. Yeah, I had a burger and fries. It was probably a mistake, but I feel very serene now. And slightly bloated.

Have a good weekend, all.

4 comments:

  1. My car has flunked its inspection 4 times this last week. I think they're just going in for the kill like Five Guys....like a matador with his sword.
    Sorry for your car troubles. I can definitely identify though. And tears were definitely in order. I didn't cry until my car flunked the 4th time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord....tell me you don't got to a dealership to have your car fixed!

    If your man can't fix your car, you gotta have him take your car to the shop for you. Women are ALWAYS gettin' ripped off.

    ReplyDelete