Friday, October 2, 2009

Stuck in a Moment

So hey, we went to the U2 concert last night in Charlottesville, having managed to score tickets a mere two weeks ago. I really don't generally dig the big stadium show but U2 is one of those bands that's quietly been sneaking up on me for the past ten years and once I got the idea in my head I couldn't bear to not go.

Now, I've always liked U2 and I know a lot of people are all, yeah, I liked U2, but I am here to tell you this: their last three albums are outstanding and if you haven't bothered to listen you are missing out.

Also: Larry is the hot one.

So, here are a bunch of bad iPhone photos:


This is THE CLAW:



It totally looked like it was about to come to life and clank it's way out of there. Incidentally, right before the band came on they played Bowie's Space Oddity and I died right there on the spot.


See up there?


That dude PEED ON THE CROWD. The police were called. People were angry. We were gleeful in our outrage and made friends by discussing the various ways we would've dismembered that guy if he'd peed on us.

The 360 LED screen was really fucking cool:


And now it's today and I have to say, by comparison? Today sucks. There's no giant disco ball, no stretchy giant screen, no moonlit Larry Mullen, Jr.

Screw today, last night was magnificent.


2 comments:

  1. But you know what would be worse? If Maryland Hall HAD A DISCO BALL.

    Seriously. How creepy would that be, hmmmm?

    (Had dinner with Elliot tonight to celebrate Family Weekend, and he said to tell you "hey!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. U2 was here in Vancouver last night. I didn't go though.
    Just a heads up that I put a link to picture of the Kotex machine from 2007 in a comment on someones blog who said she couldn't find a picture of one. I will remind her not to post it without your permission.
    You've been blogging a long time haven't you. Wow.

    ReplyDelete