Thursday, April 17, 2008

I remembered the third thing and what the hell have I been doing with my time?

Okay, that third thing? Its weird. Twice, I've had people here at work make weird jestures around their face and jaw to demonstrate to me how they knew I wasn't feeling well. The first time it happened was when I was recovering from the flu. The janitor asked me if I was feeling better and said she could tell I wasn't because [insert her making a swirly hand-motion around her jaw area.] Wow, great.

Then, last week, it happened again! I was in a two hour meeting the morning after a night of barely sleeping. (I was also having a small problem with keeping my face straight and my eyes from rolling because the meeting was really awful and people were saying dumb things. Lots of dumb things. But that's a whole different issue.) Anyway, after the meeting a woman I know asked if I was feeling okay. I mentioned the insomnia and she said she could see it in my face and made the same swirly jesture around her jaw to demonstrate. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Does my jaw do awful face-deforming things that I'm unaware of? Totally paranoid now, thanks.

As for what I've been busy with, you can read it here, here and here. Go crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Here in 'bama they call that "weak eyed." People told me for two winters worth of bronchitis and sinus infections that I looked "weak eyed" before I finally asked the DOCTOR what the hell it meant.

    People are stupid. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete