Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hi There.

So, yeah, I pretty much skipped over blogging about Christmas this year, but today I realized that it's my blog's anniversary, so perhaps a post was in order. Luckily I haven't gone completely feral so I still more or less know how to type. Mostly.

Christmas was really nice - I got to hang out with family and friends and ate a lot of cookies (like, a lot of cookies). It's been too gross out to ride but eh, I'm not much of a winter biker. I've spent my week off sleeping in and generally having a good time. That's what vacation is for, right? I have not finished painting my bathroom (sorry, Emily.)

Every New Year's Eve I blog about how it's my whatever-year-blog anniversary (7th, now, I think) and link to my very first incredibly stupid entry, so if you want to read that you might want to check my archives from last December 31. It's basically this post all over again, really. But I'm glad, I'm glad that in a fit of boredom at my temp job seven years ago I up and decided to start a blog. I'm glad that you still bother to read it, even though it's changed a lot from what it originally was.

So right now it's Thursday afternoon and I can smell the salsa chicken I have slow-cooking for tonight's taco extravaganza. It's cold and grey today and I spent the afternoon out shopping with my friend Nina. I have cute new red slippers on that I just bought and I'm already thinking about the glass of wine I want to drink while I make the guacamole. I'm trying really hard not to think about how quickly this week has gone and how before I know it I'll be Monday back at work, weeping weeping.

This hasn't been the most stellar year ever, but I've had worse. I'm healthy, I'm lucky in love and have the greatest friends anyone could ever hope for. I mean, really, I have AWESOME friends, y'all. They definitely make me want to be a better person and I just love them all and I'm so fucking lucky that they love me back. Aw.

And as always, I ask that you spare a moment of thought for Kathryn, Bryan, Stella and Ruby Harvey, who are dearly missed by all. They gave a lot to my hometown and I don't want anyone to forget. A local blogger and friend has written more about them here.

Happy new year, you guys. I hope it's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment