Friday, January 7, 2011

Breathing Room.

You thought I wasn't going to do it, didn't you? But here I am, eking out a weekly entry as promised.

So, wanna know what the best thing I got for Christmas is? It's almost as good as a pony. Actually, in some ways it's better than a pony because it doesn't require upkeep. Can you guess?

Dudes, I am getting MY OWN OFFICE. WITH WINDOWS. PLURAL.

Yes! The department I work in is being moved to the next building over and we're getting out of the windowless basement space we're in now. Currently I don't even have a proper cube, just a triangular desk that fits into a corner, Blair Witch murder style. I also have my back to the door so I jump out of my skin approximately 800 times a day. It's not... ideal. In fact, it makes me irritable and bitchy. Whoever came up with the open-office thing just needs to be shot because who can actually get anything done when there are people talking right behind you? It's maddening.

So, in three weeks I'll be packing up my drawers full of garbage and moving to my own little space with a door and a view and oh, all mine. And this change will hopefully making me at least 25% less bitchy. But no promises.

2 comments:

  1. am green w/ envy, as currently must deal with cube neighbor who clears her throat about eleventy gazillion times a day. But I exaggerate -- really it's only 20 times an hour, I know this b/c I counted one morning this week, so I guess that's only 160 times a day. I have to rely on earphones, and when those fail and I can't take it anymore, I go down to the library. You are lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, good WORK!!! Now I'm glad I don't work there any more because I would miss you!

    ReplyDelete