So, perhaps you remember April:
- $1,400 car repair. (Okay, technically this was in March, but I'm lumping it in.)
- Emergency root canal
Add to that a really sad funeral. And then I got sick and then we paid taxes. April sucked it real hard, but here comes May, right? Right? Go May!
- My department at work is moved into a smaller, windowless office space. Now, instead of my nice wooden desk I'm in a cube with my back to the room. To say this makes me twitchy would be an understatement.
- Worst Craft Show Ever, in which it rains (both days), we sell almost nothing, and a crazy person yells at me. This is the show where we normally make large buckets of cash, so when people took shelter from the rain in our tent and stood with their backs to us, we knew we were in big trouble. (Just FYI: it's really very rude to stand in someone's tent and not at least pretend to look at what they're selling.)
- Kenny calls me (while at the craft show of doom) because his truck died in a parking lot. And it's for real dead, completely dead-dead not just "dead."
- It's rained every single stupid day for the past week.
I know what you're thinking, I do. You're not thinking, "Oh, that poor, sweet dear!" No, you're backing away slowly thinking, "that is just some effed up shit and she is clearly cursed and probably also have that pig flu. Get away from me, witch."
And it's okay, I would do the same if I were not me and were instead someone else who doesn't have the WORST LUCK EVER.