Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Six Things You Didn't Really Want To Know Anyway.

I got tagged, like, weeks ago but I've been crazy-busy with all manners of things and memes have too many damn rules anyway. That said, I like to be thought well of so here you go, Jeanne:

Here are the meme rules:
1. link to the person who tagged you (check)
2. post the rules (check)
3. write six things about yourself (check)
4. tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (eh.)
5. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their sites. (eh.)
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up. (yes, ma'am.)

Six things you probably already know about me because I pretty much tell you guys everything:

1. I'm shallow. Okay, maybe not shallow, but I like stuff. Pretty stuff. Pretty stuff for me. I like to have nice things and I spend a lot of time thinking about my things and plotting about new things I'd like to have and wear. I like to organize my closet, shoes and handbags, and just sit back and look at them all. I like to tuck away a particularly loved item and not use it for a while just so it will feel new again when I do. I like to look cute. I like my legs when I wear heels.

2. I'm pretty close to having OCD, I think. I have a particular schedule I run by and I don't like having that schedule messed with and I will go to great lengths to try to keep things the same in the face of change. Example: I have a snack every morning around 10am. Yesterday, a staff meeting was scheduled from 9:30-11:00. This was Not Good as it completely blocked my snack time. My solution was to stuff a handful of pretzels in my maw at 9:27 even thought I wasn't hungry yet. See also: closet doors must be closed before I can fall asleep. And, I own flatware I refuse to eat with because it's not quite right. Only a first-world idiot could be so picky.

3. I've toyed with the idea of going back to school to get a master's degree and then I laugh and laugh because, WHY. Mostly I think I just want to read fancy books and have someone tell me what they mean.

4. Every thought in my head shows on my face so I have to constantly readjust and try to deadpan it. This is why my previous (crazy) boss used to get mad at me for giving her what she described as, "that blank deer-in-the-headlights look." What she didn't know was that it was just covering up my "You-are-a-crazy-crazy-horrible-bitch-look."

5. Hey, you know those people who are all, "my house is messy, but it's not dirty." Yeah, well mine is messy and dirty. My kitchen floor has it's own post office and stop light.

6. Even at the ripe old age of 36 I still feel like I'm about 12, which is why it's so freaking strange to me to wonder if perhaps I'm really too old to be wearing a short skirt . Then, the other day I discovered I have knee wrinkles. KNEE WRINKLES. I weep. This whole age thing became especially clear to me when I was browsing for books in the library yesterday and pulled The Headmaster Ritual off the shelf, only to realize it was written by the little brother of my best friend from elementary school. DANG. In my head, he is still six years old and eating cereal with apple juice instead of milk. Who gave him permission to grow up?

That's all I've got today kids, but stay tuned! Upcoming blog topics:

- A cashier was really fucking rude to me!
- Stories of a two day craft show in which someone was really fucking rude to us!
- Mad gunman on the loose where I work! I left at five anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I talk about fancy books and what they mean, although not in the detailed grad-school-approved way...more often I talk about books that aren't fancy, because grad school can really make you tired of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to leave at 5pm and that punk dishwasher didn't ruin your night. I'm the same way about schedules, esp lunch time. Don't fuck with my lunch time! I have plans! With myself!

    ReplyDelete