I'm so lame, but short on material, so here is a meme that's been going around Facebook. I'll post it and pretend it's an entry. I know, I suck. If you want to read something good, check out my sister's post about the ghosts she's seen. I love a good ghost story.
Stop Tagging Me. Or, 25 Things You Didn't Really Want To Know.
25. I've never broken a bone or spent a night in the hospital. When I was a kid, I was really hoping for some kind of hospitalized illness or injury but it never happened. I got over that kind of thinking and I've probably just cursed myself by writing this.
24. I faint at the sight of blood, mine and sometimes yours too. I also get woozy if I even think too hard about carnage and I can't watch any kind of surgery on TV, real or simulated. I really wish they wouldn't show that shit at all. I mean, really? Who wants to watch someone get lipsuction? NOT ME.
23. I was a really unpopular kid and got picked on a lot. I assumed everyone has a semi-traumatic childhood until I started comparing notes with friends and realized, nope! Just me.
22. I fantasize about candy. I really, really love candy.
21. I love fashion, makeup, handbags, shoes, clothes and have no shame. Stuff is awesome and there's nothing wrong with wanting to look nice.
20. Exercise is really important to me and not just because I like the way it makes me look. I love being strong and really like the way it makes me feel, especially after eight hours of sitting in front of a computer.
19. Kate is my best friend and I feel bad that not everyone has a Kate.
18. When I joke about wanting my own horse I'm really not joking. I want my own horse.
17. I don't think I want to have children and it infuriates me when people say this is "selfish" because I think what they actually mean is "self-centered" which really isn't fair or accurate.
16. I've been laid off twice, both times from jobs I liked.
15. After the second lay off I had a couple of jobs so bad that I had to start this blog just to document the crazy.
14. I didn't care about being Dooced back then, but I do now. I don't write about work anymore.
13. I don't understand people who don't read. Books are my constant companions and my life would be so much emptier without them.
12. I think my grandfather and I would be great friends if he was still alive. He died when I was 13 and I miss him every single day.
11. I have no patience for picky eaters and I'm glad my husband is open to trying anything. I like to cook, but I'm not cooking for a four-year-old's palate.
10. I have been a Bowie fan for most of my life and still think he's the coolest musician ever. EVER. Please, try and show me who's cooler than David Bowie. You will lose.
9. Noah is my oldest friend - we were in preschool together! He and I both agree that people who don't like The Beatles are just wrong.
8. One of the software programs I use is called "Nolijweb" and the creative spelling just makes me want to stab myself in the eyes. It's software for colleges and universities, which just makes it that much more ridiculous.
7. Television is my favorite and I'm never going to stop watching it. I will not participate in any hippie attempts at a week without television and you will have to pry my DVR out of my cold, dead hands.
6. I'm a slob. I try, I bemoan the state of my house, but in the end, I'm a slob.
5. Clowns are scary as all hell.
4. I hate being told to smile, I hate people commenting on my food (when I eat at my desk), and I hate being God-blessed because I never know what to say in response.
3. I really love critters - squirrels, hedgehogs, opossums, guinea pigs, anything squat and snorty is okay by me.
2. I'm an introvert and really love spending my lunch break in the library with a cup of tea and a good book.
1. I asked now-husband out on a date nearly 13 years ago and it was the best decision I've ever made.