Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday's Child is Full of Woe.

I'm not, really. I mean, not any more than usual. I'm actually jumping out of my skin with potential excitement because starting at 5pm on Friday I have TWO WEEKS OFF. IN. A. ROW. I am all falling over myself trying to figure out what to do with that much vacation time. It's giddy-making. In the meantime I'm full of job-woe for various reasons, mostly that I need a freaking vacation because last week wore my ass (and brain) right out and I'm feeling punchy (not happy-punchy, but more like I'm gonna punch you inna face, punchy. Watch out, mail room guy.)

As a whole, the conference went really well and our guests were extremely nice. However, remember my bitching about the cab company and how worried I was that they were going to screw me? Well, guess what? They completely screwed me. I set up reservations in advance, paid in advance and even paid extra to have them meet the various guests with a name sign. In return they just neglected to show up. At all. When I called to find out what happened I could actually hear the reservations person shrug. Nice service! They had no explanation for why the driver failed to show up other than that they suck and are all morons. Maybe I added that last part, but still.

In the meantime, with me all busy working 15 hour days, Kenny has been valiantly trying to hold back the swath of weeds and greenery that makes up our giant back yard. That shit is huge and it will not stop growing. Our sad garden plot, which we brilliant planted in the middle of the yard, has been overtaken by the lawn which has been growing back in faster than we can control by stare meaningfully at it and wish it to stop. Mind power doesn't really work on weeds, apparently.

So yesterday I got brave and put on long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, gloves and half a bottle of DEET, and went at those weeds. The mosquitoes are smarter than me, though. First they buzzed around and surveyed my area, and then they had a little pow wow. Finally, the first brave soldier went in for the only portion of my body that was not protected. My lips. No lie, that little motherfucker bit me on the LIP. I CANNOT PUT CANCER SPRAY ON MY MOUTH! What the ass! After that, they discovered that they could just bite me right through my pants and went to work. I ended up with welts on my ass. Both sides. I can't really blame them, though, because I know my ass is sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh shit, bites on the ass and lips is terrible. Fucking bugs.

    I would also like 2 weeks off of work please.

    ReplyDelete