Oof, I got tagged by my friend KB, y'all. I'm supposed to tell you 7 random and/or weird things about myself, but really, is there anything left that y'all don't already know? I can't imagine I haven't already told you every nasty little thing. Okay, here goes:
1. My friend KB is one of my oldest online friends. Her #4 pretty much outlines how we met but we didn't actually meet in person until my husband and I hung out with her and her husband on our honeymoon in Savannah. They are good people. She suggested we spend a couple days on Tybee Island which was the best damn part of the honeymoon. Thanks for the suggestion, KB! And yes, I made my husband meet my ONLINE friend on our HONEYMOON. I am a catch. How did he get so lucky?
2. I'm pretty sure I don't want kids and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to change my mind. I'm a little tired of being told this decision is somehow "selfish". That makes no sense to me. Wouldn't it be more selfish to bring small people into the world when I doubt I really want them? Don't misunderstand, I like kids, I just don't want to raise kids.
3. My 36th birthday is next Wednesday and I'm kinda "eh" about it. I get dinner out and bread pudding, which is awesome. Moving on! Nothing to see here.
4. I'm reading a serious book about a difficult subject right now and when I read in public I secretly hope people are impressed. I can't even believe I just told y'all that. Embarrassing.
5. I hate diet Coke. I hate diet anything and I think artificial sweetener tastes like poison. If you offer me a beverage under the guise of it's original form and it's actually "diet", I will be very sad. I will also probably mock you a little bit.
6. The sight of a dead squirrel in the road will bring me to tears every time. There's something about the tiny, soft-looking lump of grey fluff that really upsets me. It makes me hope squirrels have a little heaven somewhere that's all oak trees and full bird feeders.
7. I can tie a knot in a maraschino cherry stem using only my tongue. I have skills, people. Skills you can't even imagine.
Have a great weekend!