Saturday, May 12, 2007

Not according to plan

Sorry kids, I didn't mean to start a new blog and completely abandon it right away, I thought it would take a few weeks before I wandered off and let it get dusty. But I have a good excuse. The kind of excuse you never hope to have to make. My uncle, my stoic-yet-funny genius of an uncle, died suddenly on Monday. I got the call and the next thing I knew I was spending 15 hours on planes and in airports. Yesterday was the funeral and it was 800 different kinds of sad. I have stories to tell about my stay here and my journey but not yet. I'm still working through my own sadness and everyone else's. My sister wrote a bit about him:


And here's my favorite picture of him, which Kenny took last fall:



I'll miss you, Uncle Rog.


4 comments:

  1. Damn, so sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family. I'm actually off to a memorial service myself today for an acquaintance who was killed in a car accident last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Adrian, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Please pass along my condolences to your fam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet girl, I know I've said this before, but I know the ache lingers, and so I am sorry and still thinking of you.

    XO
    Lauren & Henri

    ReplyDelete