Monday, December 10, 2007

Custom Made for Me.

Grits insanity aside, I had a pretty fantastic weekend. It was busy and exhausting but ultimately successful. I took Friday off work to get ready for the 3rd annual Richmond Craft Mafia Handmade Holiday sale, at which we kicked ass. I think it was our best holiday gig yet. As part of the who thing, I got interviewed by a local PBS television show and might end up on TV. I can hardly bear the thought of what my weird face is going to look like on TELEVISION, but I'll keep you posted.

On Saturday we did a local street fair/show and did well there too, but that's not important. What's important is that there was a group of kilted bagpipe players AND a bunch of folks dressed up as Star Wars characters. And, before I could even voice the hopeful thought in my head, the two groups merged! The Star Wars theme was played on bagpipe and a bounty hunter did a little jig. I was breathless and yes, I took pictures. Pictures you will just have to wait for because I forgot to upload them. SORRY. There was also a very rotund fellow who walked by our table wearing a pair of insane holiday-themed pants. I turned to Kate and said,

"Where would you even go to buy pants like that?"

She thought about it for a second and replied,

"Maybe a Big & Tall Clown store?"

1 comment:

  1. Yay for good craft shows and TV appearances. I'm dyin' to see these Scottish Star Wars mash-up pix!

    ReplyDelete