Sunday, November 8, 2009

Here's what's great about living in the south:

It's November and it's sunny and 75 degrees outside today. It felt like late spring, but with lots of autumn leaves, giving the woods a completely beautiful golden glow:


The leaves also soften the trail and make it slippery, so it's a slightly different type of riding than in midsummer, but still, short sleeve biking! I'll take it.


We started out with a fairly large group and eventually it became four of us - Paula and Frank and me and Kenny.


We got to check out the newly-rehabbed lake in Forest Hill, which looks amazing. The lake was originally a big focus in the park, but in recent years had been allowed to dry up and trees and brush took over. This past year a team worked diligently to dredge out all the dirt and junk and refill it. You can see before and after photos here. It's going to look freaking fantastic next spring. I'm really happy the park is getting the love it deserves.

Anyway, the ride was great. The weather was great. Now I'm going to sit on my ass awhile and watch my Roomba vacuum. Man, I love that robot, even if it is secretly collecting information for the Man vs Robot takeover.

1 comment:

  1. I ran Buttermilk yesterday and today (A BIG PLUS FOR UNEMPLOYMENT as long as the weather holds) and I ran like a cat in wet grass! Feet straight up and straight down, pussy-footing (YES I just figured out that's what that comes from) so I didn't trip over stuff hidden under the leaves....

    ReplyDelete