Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Here's where I pimp my ride.

I really love Target as much as the next girl (I mean, dang, what did I do before Target? Where did I go to rashly spend gobs of money on things I didn't even know I needed? Where did I go to quiet my mind and touch shiny affordable objects?) but this year I'm making a serious effort to buy (or make) at least one handmade gift per person on my list. This has gotten so much easier to do with the advent of Etsy.com. Etsy is like Target - what the hell did we do before Etsy? Where did we waste hours of time searching for stuff we didn't know we needed? Etc.

If you like the idea of Etsy but get seriously overwhelmed by the mass glut of everything cool omg so much, there is a solution. A few very nice people have created a website to help highlight things you might like: All Things Handmade.

It's a great way to browse the handmade goodness without feeling like your head is going to explode. Also, because I'm pimping already, don't forget to visit Keen Designs because we're adding something new every day. EVERY. DAMN. DAY. If you buy something from our Etsy shop, please mention Amblus in the comments section and I'll take 15% off your order! (I'll need to send you an adjusted invoice, so don't pay until I do that.)

Finally, if you're desperate to buy something FOR ME (or fine, for someone else) here are a few of my favorites:

Etsy
Buy Handmade
KeenDesigns

3 comments:

  1. I always think of Target as my go-to for the acquisition of Unnecessary Plastic Objects and Small Appliances. And when I look at etsy I do get overwhelmed. So much beautiful stuff! That I don't need!!! But must have anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desperately wish I had a Target here. Actually I'd probably be a lot broker if I did, so maybe it is best I don't have one?

    I'm attempting to do handmade things for a good number of people on my list. I don't know how successful I will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning the MiniBlog! Post your link so we can include you on our blog list~
    http://etsymini.blogspot.com/2005/11/blogs.html

    ReplyDelete